Effective date: September 10, 2021
1. How we collect and use Personal Information
When you register for Services, such as Courses, we collect your name, email, billing address, phone number, year of Call, and information about your job and your employer. When you purchase Services, we will collect your billing address and credit card information in order to process payments for Services. We use Stripe, a third-party payment processor, to process payments on our behalf. We also use Quaderno, a third-party service provider, to generate invoices and calculate applicable sales taxes in connection with the Services. If you choose to subscribe to our mailing list, we will collect your email address in order to send you updates on our Services. You can unsubscribe from our email list at any time via the unsubscribe button in the email or by contacting us at [email protected]
3. Security and storage
We use third-party Service Providers and sub-processors located inside and outside of Canada, including in the United States. We use the following software services to store some Personal Information: Kajabi, Google Drive, Gmail, Quaderno, Slack, and Stripe. You acknowledge and agree that your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement and governmental agencies in those countries under lawful access regimes or court order. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. However, you are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. Remember to never give out your email account information or password for the Services.
4. How we disclose Personal Information
- We may disclose aggregate statistical data to Course instructors or prospective Course instructors, who may use the data to better understand the demographics of our users. This information does not include any Personal Information or otherwise identify any individuals.
- We may from time to time employ or contract with individuals or companies to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share Personal Information with them to provide the Services. Such third parties are contractually bound to protect your Personal Information.
- If we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information may be made available or otherwise transferred to the new controlling entity, where permitted under applicable law.
- We may disclose Personal Information to third party sponsors of any of our Services.
5. How we retain Personal Information
6. How you can access your Personal Information
You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information, although in certain limited circumstances, and as permitted under law, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you, such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner. We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
8. Contact information