Find or post jobs exclusively for in-house counsel, from junior legal counsel to GC's.
Find or post jobs exclusively for in-house counsel, from junior legal counsel to GC's
🏢 Amica Senior Lifestyles
📍Toronto, ON (Hybrid)
⏱ Posted: September 29, 2023
Job Description / Apply
Amica Senior Lifestyles is setting a new standard for senior living in Canada by combining unparalleled premium hospitality and amenities with expert care and support to deliver a personalized senior living experience. Committed to enriching the lives of seniors now and as their needs change, Amica offers Independent Living (IL), Assisted Living (AL) and Memory Care (MC) lifestyle options. Established in 1996, the company owns and operates 31 residences in British Columbia and Ontario, with plans to continue expansion in select markets.
Reporting to Senior Vice-President, General Counsel, the law clerk will be responsible for providing corporate/ development /operational support and partnership to all functions across the organization. Your excellent leadership, organization and communication skills and acumen will be a key to your success. You will be a valued member of a high-functioning and collaborative team – part of a world-class winning culture that prioritizes people and development and focuses on long-term growth.
What you will be doing
- Providing general corporate and real estate clerk support to the SVP, General Counsel in connection with all investment, development, internal/external financing transactions.
- Managing and maintaining corporate filings, records, reporting and retention for all legal entities and transactions.
- Reviewing tax steps memos, preparing, and reviewing closing checklists and related resolutions, directions, agreements, for all flow of funds transactions.
- Drafting and reviewing transaction closing documentation (authorizing resolutions, officer’s certificates), reports and other matters relating to transactions; reviewing transaction closing documentation drafted by outside counsel.
- Reviewing and maintaining corporate structure charts.
- Supporting Auditor inquiries, i.e., arranging for copies of documents and conducting corporate searches; providing legal support as appropriate for corporate vendor maintenance and accounts.
- Drafting correspondence and maintaining corporate records in connection with third party approvals (co-owners, trustees etc.).
- Receiving and reviewing memos from Finance for fundings, distributions and contributions; ensuring closing checklists and resolutions are accurately and properly documented.
- Being a support in preparation and review of KYC packages for the Finance Group (Banking); preparation of banking resolutions and related documents and support.
- Proving miscellaneous law clerk support to the SVP, General Counsel in connection with enterprise-wide operations, governance, and compliance.
What you will bring
- Possess a University Degree combined with ideally a Paralegal certificate and or/paralegal training.
- Have at least 7-10 years’ experience preferably in a corporate environment or law firm.
- Possess and demonstrate strong working knowledge of Canadian corporate statues (i.e., Ontario Business Corporations Act, Canada Business Corporations Act ), Corporate Governance policy and procedures, Personal Property Security Act and Securities Transfer Act.
- Experience with real estate documentation and programs (e.g., title registration systems, transfer tax matters) will be considered an asset.
- Experience with health care licensing and legislation applicable to Seniors Housing (Retirement Homes Act, 2010, Community Care and Assisted Living Act) will be considered an asset.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
- Are proficient with computers, including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, One Note, Teams, Visio and Excel).
What you can expect from us
- A diverse environment where individual differences are celebrated and you’re encouraged to be your best self
- Collaborative environment where we work together to succeed as a team
- Learning and development opportunities to help you grow
- Comprehensive benefit package including RRSP matching
- Office is centrally located in the financial district, on the PATH and the TTC subway line, and provides easy access to downtown amenities
- Participation in Amica’s Flex or Hybrid work model providing team members the opportunity to work a combination of days both in office and remotely
Senior Legal Counsel
📍Markham, ON (Hybrid)
⏱ Posted: September 18, 2023
Job Description / Apply
A key member of the Legal team, the Senior Legal Counsel supports the Chief Legal Officer, General Counsel and Secretary (“CLO, GC and Secretary”) as part of a cross-functional team providing practical, business-oriented legal advice on a variety of matters including, without limitation, public company/securities, corporate governance, and other corporate and commercial matters in support of Pet Valu’s legal and regulatory requirements as a public company and the execution of Pet Valu’s strategic direction.
What will you do?
- Serve as a trusted legal advisor, offering guidance on a wide array of legal and regulatory matters
- Support the CLO, GC and Secretary in respect to continuous disclosure matters including, among other things, preparation of continuous disclosure documents, submission of securities filings, maintenance of Pet Valu’s TSX listing, various transactions and other securities law matters
- Support the CLO, GC and Secretary in respect to corporate secretarial matters including, among other things, annual shareholders’ meetings, production of materials for, and attendance as assigned by the CLO, GC and Secretary at board of directors and committee meetings, as well as preparation of minutes and execution of other corporate secretarial administrative duties
- Support the CLO, GC and Secretary in managing Pet Valu’s legal and regulatory risks in a manner that is closely aligned with Pet Valu’s overall strategic goals and business priorities
- Monitor legal and regulatory developments and contribute to the development of policies, procedures and strategies to facilitate the ongoing maintenance of legal and regulatory compliance
- Work with business and functional personnel to review internal policies and practices for compliance with applicable laws, regulations and best practices
- Provide legal support and guidance with respect to other matters as assigned by the CLO, GC and Secretary
- 5+ years of public company/securities, corporate secretarial and corporate and commercial law experience either in private practice (securities/business law department), in-house legal department of a public company or a securities regulator
- Previous exposure to the retail landscape and familiarity with franchising, supply chain and procurement, marketing, merchandising, employment, information technology and privacy legal and compliance matters would be an asset
- Possess a JD/LLB and called to the of the bar in a Canadian province, with membership in good standing with an applicable law society
- Ability to leverage legal and regulatory expertise, professional experience and industry acumen, and to excel across a diverse range of assignments
- Adept at managing multiple, competing priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Solutions-oriented, with sound judgement and a client-focused outlook
- Superior written and oral English communication skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and ethical decision-making with minimal supervision
- Ability to analyze complex issues, problem solve and provide practical and pragmatic legal advice
- Ability to work with people at all levels within the organization and cross-functionally
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and self-directed
- Flexible, open to frequent change, ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work under pressure with adherence to regulatory or competing deadlines
Nice to have
- Bilingual in English/French
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Project management experience
🏢 CarbonCure Technologies
📍Nova Scotia (Remote)
⏱ Posted: September 10, 2023
Job Description / Apply
CarbonCure is looking for a Corporate Legal Counsel to join our legal team. Reporting to the General Counsel, you will be a strategic partner in participating in legal initiatives for our growing company primarily in the areas of drafting and reviewing commercial agreements, risk management, corporate and securities law compliance, data room and file management, and due diligence with respect to strategic initiatives.
Responsibilities of the position may span from negotiating and working through complex legal matters to matters that may ordinarily be performed by a paralegal (or even to business matters that may not be legal in nature). As Corporate Legal Counsel, you will work cross- functionally with CarbonCure’s business teams and have exposure as part of CarbonCure’s legal team to the unique and novel commercial challenges of our industry-leading company as it scales.
Our ideal candidate will be motivated, thoughtful and a confident lawyer with good judgment, the ability to work with many different personalities and, in particular, will have a keen eye for detail. Most importantly, we are looking for a reliable, organized, and efficient team-player who works well under pressure, independently and remotely in a fast-paced company.
What you'll need to succeed
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment CarbonCure’s mission and Core Values;
- A Juris Doctor (JD) or LLB degree;
- License to practice law in Nova Scotia;
- 2-3 years of commercial/corporate legal experience at a top tier law firm or in-house;
- Substantial experience in commercial/corporate transactions, particularly with respect to due diligence, document review and data room document management;
- Experience in writing and interpreting legal contracts, policies, and procedures;
- Experience with licensing of intellectual property;
- Substantial experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements;
- Exposure to employment law is an asset;
- Exposure to Canadian and/or US securities law is an asset;
- Fluency in another language, particularly Spanish, is an asset;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to create well-constructed documents that effectively communicate to the intended audience;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while producing on-time and high-quality Experience managing competing stakeholder expectations and priorities;
- Proven ability to take initiative and roll your sleeves up to get the job (whatever job that might be) done;
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Demonstrated success at working remotely with highly distributed teams: and
- A well-developed sense of humour.
What you'll be doing
- Draft, review, and help negotiate various types of agreements, including NDAs, license agreements, employment and contractor agreements, and supplier agreements;
- Manage the internal document databases and data room and support the General Counsel during commercial, capital and securities transactions;
- Advise on contract interpretations, amendments, and renewals;
- Implement guidelines and processes for the management of all agreements and obligations;
- Provide legal support and help problem solve with other functional areas (e.g. sales, marketing, risk, intellectual property, employment, regulatory matters, privacy, data security, corporate matters) to minimize legal risk and reputational impact;
- Conduct research and prepare reports, briefing memos, and presentations;
- Draft internal policies and guidelines to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, and governance requirements;
- Provide ongoing education and training about legal matters and developments relevant to the company and specific departments;
- Assist with corporate secretarial duties, support inter-company transactions and manage investor reporting and inquiries with respect to corporate, governance, and compliance matters; and
- Perform such other responsibilities, whether related to law or not, that may be assigned to Corporate Legal Counsel by the General Counsel.
We are changing the world. We need you, please contact us.
Corporate Legal Counsel
🏢 Dexterra Group
📍Mississauga, ON (Hybrid)
⏱ Posted: September 10, 2023
Job Description / Apply
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President Legal, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary you will provide timely, high quality and practical legal support out of our head office to our national and regional business teams in Canada and the U.S.
• structuring, reviewing, drafting negotiating, and enforcing commercial agreements.
• Anticipating and assessing potential benefits and risks associated with business opportunities and operations.
• Counseling business divisions on subject matters including, but not limited to corporate commercial matters, litigation, contract laws, regulatory controls, etc.
• Coordinating select external legal activities with service providers in each jurisdiction in which the group operates.
• Assisting merger and acquisition and financing transaction activities, as needed.
• Assisting in the preparation and formation of joint venture corporation/partnerships and drafting and negotiation of the applicable shareholders/partnership agreement.
• Helping co-ordinate Dexterra’s securities filings with provincial securities regulators and the TSX.
• Overseeing regulatory compliance with maintaining the company’s required licenses
• Providing support in other areas of legal department responsibility, including supply chain, insurance and risk management.
• Developing and implementing internal practices and policies to achieve compliance with our contract management tools, including developing new internal resources/tools, and to support compliance with applicable laws and regulations
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
• Member of the Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario) and in good standing.
• 4-7 years of post-call experience at a well-respected law firm or corporate legal department.
• Strong technical legal, problem solving and negotiation skills.
• Ability to understand complex issues of files and find pragmatic and creative solutions to issues while exercising good business judgement.
• Experience with M&A transactions, debt financing and Canadian or US public company reporting is an asset.
🏢 Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group (CC&L)
⏱ Posted: September 1, 2023
Job Description / Apply
Are you interested in joining one of Canada’s top performing and fastest growing asset managers?
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group provides a broad range of traditional and alternative investment products and services to individuals, institutional investors, and advisors (including investment funds, real estate, infrastructure, private equity, public equities, and debt). The firm is now one of Canada’s largest privately owned asset management firms and our affiliate teams collectively manage over $110 billion in assets from offices across Canada, in Chicago, London and India.
We are looking for Legal Counsel to join our growing Vancouver-based in-house Legal and Compliance Team with direct reporting to the General Counsel. If you enjoy working on complex issues and projects, have a knack for multi-tasking and attention to detail, and value working in a collaborative, positive and growing organization, then this might be an excellent opportunity for you.
Our offices currently operate on a hybrid model with a combination of in office and remote working days throughout the week.
What You Will Do
- Provide legal counsel and advice to Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group Ltd. and its investment management affiliates on all aspects of their business activities.
- Assist with general commercial matters (including the review and negotiation of client contracts and commercial agreements with third party service providers).
- Provide support on fund matters (including fund formation and offering documentation).
- Assist with reviewing changes to and ensuring compliance with laws and regulations applicable to public and private funds (including the development and communication of policies and procedures).
- Attend board meetings and provide support on corporate governance matters.
What You Bring
- LL. B or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 1-3 years of legal experience with exposure to corporate, commercial and/or securities law.
- An interest in capital markets and a desire to work within and learn more about the asset management/investment industry.
- A positive attitude and the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- A client-focused and practical problem-solver with a high degree of common sense and business acumen.
- Team player with the desire to work independently with minimum supervision and a high degree of personal initiative.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
📍Montreal, QC or Oakville, ON (Hybrid)
⏱ Posted: August 22, 2023
Job Description / Apply
Siemens Canada Limited is seeking a business-minded and results-oriented lawyer to join its Legal and Compliance Department. This diverse opportunity will provide an excellent overview of what Siemens does and you will serve as a direct point of contact for business colleagues largely on commercial legal matters, supporting from the proposal phase through project execution. Requests for your support include general commercial legal advice, such as reviewing/drafting/negotiating contracts, preparing legal risk analyses for internal approval processes and claims management. You can rely on a network of experienced Legal colleagues and operations infrastructure in Canada and globally supporting you with your tasks. You will also have the opportunity to participate in and contribute to various global Legal practice groups and initiatives within a sophisticated Legal organization that numbers over 1000 Legal and Compliance professionals around the world.
The ideal candidate will have been practicing for one to two years, and have commercial contracting and claims experience. Excellent organizational, communication, and coordination skills are key to this role, as well as the flexibility to adjust and thrive in a dynamic environment with changing requirements, schedules, and priorities.
This position can be based in Montreal, Quebec or Oakville, Ontario. This position includes the ability to work remotely 2-3 days per week.
What will you do?
The Legal Counsel’s range of responsibilities are anticipated to include:
- Provide quality and timely legal advice to internal business partners and stakeholders, including negotiating, drafting and interpreting contracts.
- Serve as a key stakeholder during the bid and negotiation phase through analyzing commercial risks, collaborating with management and internal teams to determine the evaluation of those risks and mitigation strategies.
- Serve a key resource to the project management team during the project execution phase when it comes to contract terms, identifying and mitigating risks, and pre-litigation and litigation claims management.
- Support various internal approval processes related to commercial bids and contracts and ensure adherence to internal standards.
- Regularly communicate with business partners across departments and regions, Legal colleagues, as well as external and opposing counsel about contractual and claims issues.
- Perform any other tasks deemed necessary to support the legal affairs of Siemens.
- Support our Legal and Compliance Department on various matters and legal operations topics, including organizing and maintaining knowledge management resources and assisting with the development and execution of training programs concerning legal matters and developments relevant to various stakeholders’ business areas.
What will you need to succeed?
- B. or J.D. degree or equivalent from an accredited Canadian law school and member of a provincial Bar in Canada (preferably in Quebec or Ontario).
- Graduates of international or non-accredited Canadian law schools subject to a Certificate of Qualification through the National Committee on Accreditation process may be considered depending on experience.
- 1 to 2 years of in-house and/or private practice experience, particularly in commercial legal contracting or demonstrated equivalency of experience.
- Team player with an enthusiastic, “self-starter” mentality willing to accept new challenges and assignments based on needs of the business and exercise a high degree of autonomy.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated desire and ability to quickly learn and understand new contractual and legal topics.
- Polished and effective negotiation, communication, and writing/drafting skills.
- Skilled in working collaboratively on multiple teams simultaneously.
- The successful candidate for this position must be bilingual. Fluency in French and English (verbal and written) is required to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position for the following reason(s): The role requires regular interactions with Siemens colleagues based outside of Quebec, nationally and internationally.
Partner, Legal Counsel
🏢 Hazelview Investments
⏱ Posted: August 21, 2023
Job Description / Apply
Hazelview is currently seeking a Partner, Legal Counsel who will support the Managing Partner & General Counsel in a corporate and securities law capacity, with responsibility for structuring new investment products, supporting the investment teams with asset transactions, and general corporate legal support across Hazelview’s different business lines, including governance, litigation, privacy and banking law matters. The ideal candidate will have meaningful corporate legal experience in the investment management industry, ideally with a foundation in private legal practice.
- Take a lead role in the structuring and launch of new investment management products, including participating as a member of the product development team, and coordinating with external tax and legal counsel to structure and prepare fund documents, and negotiating and managing fund credit facilities.
- Support the real estate asset management teams with complex acquisitions and dispositions of assets.
- Support the Managing Partner as a strategic advisor with respect to the organization and management of the internal legal function.
- Advise on other corporate legal matters, including corporate governance, litigation, privacy and banking matters.
Education and Experience:
- Law Degree (J.D. or LL.B).
- 6-10 years of corporate legal experience with a large firm and/or other real estate asset management business.
- Strong background in corporate and securities law, with experience in investment management structuring, ideally with a real estate asset focus.
- Experience with real estate acquisitions and dispositions, or private equity transactions.
- Experience in banking, litigation, privacy law and other in-house corporate aspects are all assets.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with close attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with multiple senior level executives in a demanding high performance environment.
- Self-driven – able to identify issues and work independently to find solutions to those needs.
- Resourceful – able to research and ask appropriate questions to resolve issues and determine appropriate procedures.
- Flexible / Cooperative – eager to assist with various tasks that may fall out of the original scope.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
🏢 BrainBox AI
⏱ Posted: August 18, 2023
Job Description / Apply
BrainBox AI utilizes self-adapted artificial intelligence technology to proactively optimize the energy consumption of one of the largest climate change contributors: Buildings. Our AI engine supports a self-operating building that requires no human intervention. Using deep learning, cloud-based computing, and our proprietary process, our solution autonomously optimizes existing Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) control systems for maximum impact on energy consumption.
An exciting opportunity awaits the right candidate to be part of a fast-growing company. Reporting to the VP Legal & Corporate Secretary, the Legal Counsel role will provide guidance on commercial contract negotiations, while exercising excellent business judgment, managing risk, and employing creative problem-solving solutions. Typical transactions will range from NDAs and standard contracts to complex, high-value agreements. This role involves drafting and negotiating software, services, and cloud contracts to closure while working directly with legal colleagues and sales partners. Duties include supporting the contract administration lifecycle, including responding to and inbound requests, contract review and interpretation, routing requests to team members for response, signatures, and archiving, and maintaining confidentiality of work material. There are opportunities to get involved in maintaining and enhancing our forms, playbooks, and procedures in support of customer contract initiatives.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US, but the successful candidate will be expected to work Eastern Standard Time Zone working hours.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the business to negotiate, draft and review a broad range of agreements, including master services, partnerships, nondisclosure, licensing, research, vendor procurement, marketing, and other commercial agreements.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including the commercial teams to drive company revenue goals, and internal buyers for vendor engagements.
- Manage risk and ensure business and compliance requirements are accurately reflected within agreements.
- Help to create and implement continuous improvements of forms, policies and processes to help streamline, simplify and automate the contracting process to more efficiently handle high-volume contract needs.
- Work side by side with cross-functional teams to implement, enable and train teams on contracting policies and processes.
- Work with senior management and implement processes on a cross-functional basis in a fast-paced environment.
- Advise on other areas as needs may arise.
What you will need to be successful:
- Juris Doctorate or equivalent degree, with state (or provincial) bar membership
- 4+ years’ experience working in a law firm and/or as in-house counsel with significant relevant in-house experience, including experience negotiating complex SaaS agreements. Most of that experience is devoted to corporate governance, M&A, negotiating commercial transactions and drafting commercial agreements.
- Experience scaling legal commercial processes and policies.
- Business acumen and ability to build relationships across the business, while collaborating cross-functionally with a variety of teams.
- Knowledge of basic data privacy laws and practices within the SaaS industry.
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal, including professional-level proficiency in legal writing, and ability to work both in teams and independently.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively. and proactively provide sound legal advice and exercise good business judgment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a fast-paced culture, with a practical, solutions-oriented focus.
- Creative thinker who can initiate and develop alternative approaches to complex issues.
- Able to handle many projects simultaneously, to manage tight deadlines, and to prioritize effectively.
Nice to Have
- US legal entity governance management & training
- More extensive experience with GDPR, PIPEDA, CCPA and other privacy regulations
Why work at BrainBox AI
- Cool Environment | Collaborative Culture | Growth Opportunities |
- Make a significant impact on the world - join the fight against climate change
- Be a part of a revolutionary technology movement
- Collaborate with innovative, out-of-the-(Brain) box thinkers in a fast-paced environment
- Work with amazing people who truly have a passion in the work they do
At BrainBox AI, we are committed to providing an inclusive work environment. We value the diversity of our team and we strongly believe in the power of people. We foster a safe space for our employees to thrive regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and religion.
Legal Counsel (Contract)
⏱ Posted: August 14, 2023
Job Description / Apply
At Ada, our mission is to deliver an AI platform that makes it easy for businesses to automatically resolve the most customer support inquiries with the least effort. Our vision is a world where customer support experiences are great for everyone.
Ada is an AI-powered customer service automation platform that makes it easy for businesses to automatically resolve the greatest number of customer service conversations — across channels and languages - with the least amount of effort. Since 2016, Ada has powered more than 4 billion automated customer interactions for brands like Meta, Verizon, AirAsia, Yeti, and Square. Born in Toronto, Ada serves companies and their customers worldwide. For more information, visit www.ada.cx .
We are looking for a highly motivated, confident, hard-working and enthusiastic individual to lead our legal team reporting into the CFO. The role is to cover an employee maternity leave (14 month contract) and is a fantastic opportunity for someone to lead the day-to-day legal function of a fast growing and exciting organization. Your days will be fast-paced and filled with ever-evolving challenges.
- 5-7 years of experience in transactional work, with a focus on B2B SaaS is required.
- Experience representing growth-stage technology with excellent project management and negotiation skills ( including “soft” skills to encourage, motivate and influence at all levels of the organization and of our customers and partners).
- Experience navigating privacy laws (including GDPR and CCPA) and security issues in a commercial negotiation context.
- Experience drafting, redlining and negotiating complex commercial agreements with a solution-oriented approach.
- Master knowledge of privacy best practices, and working knowledge of major legal frameworks (e.g., CCPA, GDPR, PIPEDA, ePrivacy).
- Ability to operate autonomously, work collaboratively as a team player with sales and other internal business partners.
- You are looking to be in a fast paced environment with opportunities to learn and grow.
- Licensed to practice law in Canada or the US.
- A certification such as CIPP/US, CIPP/E, or CIPT is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Independently negotiate complex commercial agreements integral to the business, including customer contracts, vendors, technology partners, strategic partners and resellers.
- Become an expert in Ada’s product platform, operations and offerings to offer practical and strategic counseling to internal organizations.
- Research and remain up-to-date on upcoming privacy, compliance, employment and other regulations pertinent to our industry to advise the business on future strategy.
- Help the business build privacy by design into product features, business processes and data initiatives.
- Stay up to date and partner with product and engineering teams to counsel on legal compliance for new and existing platform features and tools.
- Design and implement systems and scalable workflows for legal and compliance.
- Possess a deep understanding of privacy and other regulations impacting the business, including CCPA and GDPR, and the ability to translate that understanding into actionable guidance for business teams.
- Handle a wide variety of other demands and projects that arise in a rapidly growing startup.
- Manage and collaborate with external counsel maximizing results with a focus on cost containment and providing strategic/pragmatic advice to business teams
- Provide sound, practical advice and guidance on legal and business-related issues.
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Wellness account
- Extended health coverage
- Dental/optical/travel insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee and family assistance plan
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote-first, In-person friendly work environment with WFH budget
- In-house social worker
- Paid parental leave for Canadian and U.S. residents
- Development opportunities